Saturday, March 28, 2009

They Passed It?

I knew the Anti-Defamation-of-Religion/ Flagrantly-Orwellian-Bill thing with stuff was on the table at the UN, but I guess my naive self was still expecting the thing to get voted down. But they actually passed the damn thing.

Evidently, the bill is not only Orwellian, but also prejudiced -

"India, which normally votes along with the council’s majority of developing nations, abstained in protest at the fact that Islam was the only religion specifically named as deserving protection"

Of course.

I urge all sensible people who read this to start 'defaming' as vigorously as possible. For example: those who don't understand the concept of freedom of speech and wish to impose respect for their religion on others should stay the hell out of free societies. Those who are at present doing exactly that in the name of Islam are doing a Bad Thing. Yes, I am equating theocratic Islam with Badness, hopefully thereby defaming it.

No comments: